Bizit cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our world-class products, services, websites and mobile applications (collectively, our “Services”).
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, you may reach our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) and our dedicated team that supports this office by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This inbox is actively monitored and managed so that we can deliver an experience that you can confidently trust.
This document, which we update from time to time, describes the information that we gather from you, how we use and disclose your information, and the steps we take to protect your information. It also tells you how you can contact us if you have questions about your personal information.
Some of the Services will require you to submit specific personal information. In such case you can choose whether you want to use such Services or not. Be aware that even if you provided us with your personal information, you have the full right to withdraw such consent at any time (please refer to section Your choices about data we collect below to get further details about opting out and withdrawing consent)
What kind of personal information does Bizit.com collect and use?
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a specific request, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you, the site from which you arrived and to which you are heading. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. None of this information by itself will be able to tell us who you are, but it can still considered to be ‘personal’ information.
When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect information about you or that can be used to identify you, including your first and last name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile phone number, age, gender, date of birth.
When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect certain financial information including your social security number, financial account information, investments, income, expenses, investible assets, investing risk tolerance, and other similar types of information.
When you use certain Services (such as the prequalifying for credit cards or loans), you authorize Bizit to send your information to certain third party partners on your behalf and you authorize these partners to obtain credit reports and related information about you from one or more consumer reporting agencies.
We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
We collect information through server log files, but also by deploying tracking technologies within the Site, such as pixel tags. We do this to analyze trends, track user’s engagement and interaction with the Site and respective Services. The type of information collected may include internet protocol (IP) addresses that your Internet Service Provider allocated to your device. We collect IP for limited time and for specific purposes. One, is to better understand your geographic location (country, region and language) and therefore be able to provide the Services in your own language and relevant to your place of origin. Second, we use automated tools to analyze IP addresses and flag those that are fraudulent (“Anti-Fraud Purposes”).
Like many Internet based services, the Site and the Services are operated and provided in collaboration, sync and interaction with third parties, including Partners, affiliates and other third parties. In order to enable and facilitate such sync, we may receive information from third parties, such as: an internal user identifier that out system generates to each user (not a unique identifier), and the summary of action taken by you (click, purchase, view, form submission or a phone call). In some Sites, you will be able – upon your choice – to consume the Service on a click-by-call basis. In which case, a third party vendor/s facilitate the call transmission, tracking and feedback for success. In such cases, the phone number from which you called may be provided to us (with no other information about you attached), for limited time and for purposes of resolving referrals and successful calls with our Partners. Except for this purpose, we do not make any other use of such information, unless you will give us your explicit consent.
Why does Bizit.com collect, use and share your personal details?
- Customer service: Sharing your details with our customer service staff allows us to respond when you need us.
- Customer reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you to answer a short questionnaire regarding your policy. The survey results will be used to help us better understand and improve our service.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- You may choose to subscribe to our special offers service in order to receive emails notifying you of any promotions or new services we are offering. You can opt out of this service at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any emails we send to you.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Bizit.com website, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
- When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may have a relevant team initiate contact with you by phone.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Bizit.com.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details that you give us as part of the market research will be used only with your consent.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- The information is used to operate our websites, provide you with the services, monitor analytics and statistics and enable us to sync and resolve payment issues with our business partners (including clients, vendors and affiliates).
- Improving our services: Finally, we use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How does Bizit.com share your data with third parties?
- Bizit.com offers through its own websites and mobile apps and through other online platforms such as partners’ websites a free online resource that strives to offer helpful content and comparison features to its visitors. In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- Third-party service suppliers: We may use third-party service suppliers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes specified above. For example, when you register for our newsletter, we may use a third-party service to send such newsletters. The third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those specified above.
- Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
- Third party external service providers for certain technical data analysis. These service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection and security standards. We only share information with them that is required for the services offered and we contractually bind them to keep any information we share with them as confidential and to process Personal Data only according to our instructions. We will only pass your data on to third parties without your express consent if we are obliged to do so by statutory law or an instruction by a public authority or court as outlined in our
- Data Storage and Security Platforms (“Data Platforms); We use third party cloud and storage services to store and retain your Information. It means that we send or otherwise share your Information to/with third party entities that are located anywhere in the world, including in the U.S, for the purpose of storing such information on our behalf, or for other processing needs. These Data Platforms may be located anywhere in the world. We use Data Platforms that maintain a strict privacy protection and data security policies, and strict compliance with applicable data protection laws. However, their practices and activities are fully governed by their own privacy policies.
Links to Other Websites
How does Bizit.com make use of mobile devices?
We have free apps for a variety of mobile devices. These apps collect and process your personal details in much the same way as our website does – and they also allow you to use location services.
What security procedures does Bizit.com put in place to safeguard your personal information?
Bizit.com observes reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of personal information.
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal information you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal information on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal information in the course of their work.
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com .
Securing your digital identity
It takes dedication to build a digital identity. Here are the ways we are dedicated to helping you protect yours.
Secure communication channels
We encrypt personal data provided to us via web forms using up to date standards to prevent others from intercepting the information in transit.
Our employees receive annual training and periodic bulletins regarding good security practices.
Layered approach to security
We protect our corporate network using many different layers of security.
- We employ physical protection measures to ensure the safety of our employees and equipment.
- We utilize a combination of software and devices to protect our network from would be intruders.
- We have a dedicated team of security professionals who oversee device and application security practices.
How you can protect your data
How can you control marketing emails?
If you receive emails from us, we may use certain analytics tools, to capture data such as when you open our email or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data helps us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
In every email we provide options to opt out of marketing and sales emails. If you have remained opted in, we hope you enjoy receiving our emails, but if you would prefer not to be kept up-to-date with our special offers, you can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in each newsletter.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that website to recognize your browser. Cookies may store your online preferences and other information about the interaction you make in the Site. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent to your browser. However, some features or services, included in the Site, may not function properly without cookies, and some features may become unavailable for you in such case. A pixel tag is a type of technology placed on a website for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when emails are opened or accessed (if applicable),and is often used in combination with cookies.
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Additionally, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow a third party to collect information about you through their browser Cookies, even when you do not interact with the button.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site includes links to other Web sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Bizit.com. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any Web site you visit.
By May 25, 2018, additional features will be added to the account center for EU residents in support of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These features include the ability to:
- Request a copy of your personal data. – You may request a copy of your personal data in an electronic format that you can take to other service providers. We will respond to your request within 30 days by providing a link to a location where the data can be downloaded.
- Request deletion of your personal data – You may request that your personal data be deleted. It may take up to 30 days for your data to be deleted. the request will be honored unless the data is required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
Your choices about data we collect
You have a right to be informed of Personal Data processed by Bizit, a right to rectification/correction, erasure and restriction of processing. You also have the right to receive from Bizit a structured, common and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us.
We can only identify you via your email address and we can only adhere to your request and provide information if we have Personal Data about you through you having made contact with us directly and/or you are using our site and/or service. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on behalf of our users or customers.
We provide you with the tools to control your Personal Information and guidance on how it is used. Simply contact us to:
- View and update your Personal Information such as name, email address, phone number and address.
- View and update your contact preferences for receiving service and product related messages and marketing communications.
Where you have provided consent, you may withdraw it at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing it. Whenever you withdraw consent, you acknowledge and accept that this may have a negative influence on the quality of the Bizit Site and/or Services. You further agree that Bizit shall not be held liable with respect to any loss and/or damage to your Personal Data if you choose to withdraw consent.
Where Personal Data is processed for the above purposes on the basis of Bizit’s legitimate interests, under the GDPR, you may object to such processing at any time. To do so please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
Duration of Processing
We will store your usage data until such time when you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain information as required by law.
‘Do Not Track’ notifications.
Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a “Do Not Track” signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Additional Policy Information
Our Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy.
In the event that Global On Media Ltd. or one of our affiliated entities is acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or otherwise sells all or part of our/its assets, we may (and hereby reserve the right to) transfer or assign the Personal Information and other information we have collected or received. In such case, we will require the acquiring entity to post its data practices and provide you with any of your rights as per the jurisdiction of your residency.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at privcay(at)Bizit(dot)com.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified by you) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
This policy was last modified on 9/12/18